After a thoroughly exciting and SOLD OUT summer, we are thrilled to offer again, our NinjaDRONE day this Easter!!
- Incorporating all aspects of STEM, children will come along, learn to solder – a great skill where plenty of practise and ideas are shared before assembly of the radio remote control unit. Then take it all home to keep.
- We will develop ideas and concepts for flight and discuss why this things fly, how they fly, what causes lift and why?
- We hope to engage the kids in an in depth discussion around the Physics of flight.
- Then we will, in teams, build obstacles and learn to navigate and test their flight skills.
What is it?
Drones are quickly becoming popularised and new applications from pretty photography to crime prevention are dominating the news…
By popular demand, a fantastic new one of a kind ‘high flying’ Drone workshop…
We encourage all children aged 7 and up, especially girls attend.
- Learn to solder – a key life skill where plenty of practise and ideas are shared before assembly of the radio remote control unit.
- What circuitry components are needed for a drone and controller and specifically why?
- All components are discussed individually and how they operate together from an engineering perspective.
- What makes the drone fly and what causes lift?
- What establishes stability and direction?
- Why and how a drone is different from other flying machines, with deep analysis of the physics and fascination of flight.
- Build physical obstacle challenges and compete individually flying and as teams.
- Flying safely and the law.
- Continuous engagement by undertaking a STEM approach to problem solving, system design and solution development.
- Fun and excitement developing unique engineering skills to make a flying machine.
- Logical reasoning and thought process for successful outcomes.
- Advanced mechanical and electronic assembly (with soldering).
- Individual and competitive team working skills.
- Design individual flying copters whilst weighing out pros and cons of others.
- Develop an understanding of why things fly and why they won’t.
- Own the drone and controller. Take it home, tune and tinker!